Cecilio Musical Instruments offers handcrafted, instructor approved band and orchestra instruments that are held to rigorous quality standards and are designed with the student instrumentalist in mind. Cecilio tests every instrument at their overseas factories and then re-inspect them at their Los Angeles distribution center to ensure that you get the very best product possible.
The Cecilio Strings are individually handcrafted instruments that are made with centuries old techniques by highly skilled luthiers to offer every level of instrumentalist quality product with an affordable price.
The Cecilio CVN-500 Solid Wood Ebony Fitted Violin is a premium quality violin that is a step up from the CNV-300 model, which makes it more suitable for more experienced violin players.
The CVN-500 is made from solid spruce to the top and maple to the side, neck and neck, and along with ebony fittings this violin should last you for years of playing it. It has a gorgeous tone, a tone that would suit to a much higher priced violin. A high quality tailpiece with 4 nickel plated fine tuners also goes along with this violin which allows for great flexibility and allows the player to bring their own style in the music that they play.
The Cecilio CVN-500 also comes with a high quality bow that is made from Brazilian wood, and high quality horsehair. This bow is not cheap, and that is one of the advantages of Cecilio, again pointing out that they give you affordable high quality.
The Cecilio CVN-500 outfit comes with a VNC-30C light-weight form fitting hard case, quality rosin and an extra bridge. Violin package also includes Cecilio chromatic tuner with metronome, a lesson book, a lightweight form fitting hard shell case with pockets and strap (making it convenient to carry to school or orchestra) and the standard Cecilio 1-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
|Violin on Amazon||Grade||Manufacturer|
|Cecilio CVN-500 Solid Wood Ebony Fitted Violin||Beginner||Cecilio|
- I bought this violin so I could learn with my daughter! Aside from tuning, it required no other work; bridge was straight and centered correctly, string height is good, tuning pegs are nice and tight.
- The fingerboard is very good on this violin and the strings are easy to press without getting ugly sounds.
- The violin looks fantastic and sounds very good for the price.
- Minor imperfections on the paint but it’s not very noticeable from a distance.
- The shoulder rest and tuner are adequate, but not exceptional.
- Hand-carved solid spruce top, hand-carved flamed maple back and sides and finished with a beautiful satin antique varnish and inlaid purfling.
- D’Addario Prelude strings.
- Cecilio chromatic tuner with metronome, a lesson book, a lightweight form fitting hard shell case with pockets and strap (making it convenient to carry to school or orchestra)
- 1-year warranty against manufacturer’s defects.
- Hand carved solid spruce top with solid flamed maple back & sides
- Satin antique varnish finish
- Hand inlaid purfling
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs and chin rest
- Ebony tailpiece with mother of pearl inlay and 4 nickel plated fine tuners
- D’Addario Prelude Strings
- VNC-300 light weight form fitting hard case
- 2x VNB-30B Brazilwood bow and genuine unbleached horsehair
- Extra violin bridge
- Quality rosin cake
- Available sizes: 4/4, 3/4, 1/2, ¼
The Cecilio CVN-500 is the perfect step-up model for the beginner or student violin player. It is a very good intermediate violin that will take well to adjustments, once students achieve mid-range grades and are looking to reach higher level.
You already know about Cecilio’s policy, and the quality that they offer you for an affordable price. This is a remarkable value and with 1-year guarantee for manufacturer defects, you should have no regrets about this purchase.