Mendini by Cecilio as factory made instruments, offer good value for the money and produce tones of medium quality, which are perfect for the beginner and student musician. All of the Mendini by Cecilio violins are handcrafted instruments that are tested at their factory and inspected again by skilled technicians at their Los Angeles distribution center prior to shipping.
The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D gives violinists an overall nice tone and pitch, as you would expect from models with higher price tag. This Mendini Violin model features an ebony fingerboard, pegs chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners. This violin is carved out of one piece of maple wood, which means that extra precision is put in the work.
This violin outfit also includes Cecilio 92D chromatic / string tuner with metronome, 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair, lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin cake, and an extra set of violin strings.
|Violin on Amazon||Grade||Manufacturer|
|Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D Violin||Intermediate||Mendini|
- The sound and depth is very nice, and the finish is stunning! I’m very happy with it.
- My instructor can’t keep his hands off this instrument! Not because it needs to be tuned constantly, quite the opposite, it holds its tune for weeks and has really opened up in sound.
- Solid wood construction, rare one-piece back!
- The finish did look like it was rushed but It’s a factory job so no biggie.
- Sometimes it doesn’t hold the tone well, so it needs constant major tuning.
- 4/4 (Full Size) violin with solid hand-carved 1-piece maple back, neck and side, solid hand-carved spruce top with beautiful varnish finish & inlaid purfling.
- Ebony fingerboard, pegs chin rest, and tailpiece with 4 detachable fine tuners.
- Cecilio 92D chromatic / string tuner with metronome, 2 x Brazil wood bows with unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair.
- Lightweight hard case, adjustable shoulder rest, 2 bridges, quality rosin cake, and an extra set of violin strings.
- Extra set of strings.
- One Year Warranty Against Manufacturer’s Defects
- Top: Hand-crafted spruce
- Finishing: 1-piece solid flamed maple back and sides finishes with beautiful varnish and inlaid purfling
- Ebony pegs, fingerboard, and chin rest
- Mother of pearl inlay and four fine tuners
- Lightweight case with a blanket
- Bow: 2 bows included, Brazil wood bows with ebony frogged and unbleached genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Shoulder rest: adjustable shoulder rest with soft foam padding & soft rubber feet
Overall, this is a great instrument. The Mendini violins are low in price, and they are also durable and will help students achieve mid-range grades before the time comes to invest in a higher quality model. The Mendini 4/4 MV500+92D is a little bit more expensive than some people would want to pay for a student violin, but this will help your child achieve higher levels and perhaps even advance to a professional violin player level.