Founded in 1989, Cremona Violins is internationally recognized as a distinguished maker of fine stringed instruments and bows ranging from fractional-sized instruments for beginners to superior master instruments and bows for advanced and professional players. Today, Cremona instruments and bows are being distributed by top musical instrument companies in over twenty countries in Europe, America, and Asia.
The Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin is an instrument that is handcrafted from the most-outstanding and well selected tonewoods available. This violin has transparent varnish highlights, a straight-grained hard spruce and a figured solid maple. The varnish is slightly shaded to give it a vintage appearance like that of an aged and fine violin.
The Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin offers a very smooth and ear pleasing tone. The work on the edges and the purfling is very cleanly made, and it has a beautifully cut scroll. It has genuine ebony trimming and fingerboard.
This violin is great for the advanced student, and doesn’t go unoticed as a consideration for the professional violin player too. The Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin comes with a lightweight rigid foam oblong case and a well-balanced bow. It comes in sizes 1/4 to a full 4/4.
- As a step up from a beginner violin, it’s a great choice at it’s price point
- Provides a nice, open sound (not muffled or nasal sounding)
- Very good violin delivered in very good condition!
- Comes with a well-made, quality case
- The pegs do tend to slip during tuning (this can be improved with a touch of peg dope)
- Some units in production have shown the varnish to have a “quickly applied” appearance
- Best tone quality for the advanced student.
- Flamed maple with a rich, hand applied golden red-brown varnish finish.
- Comfortably shaped Stradivarius chinrest, J. LaSalle LB-17 Premium Brazilwood Deluxe Student Violin Bow and oblong case.
- Quality ebony fittings and ebony fingerboard with lightweight composite tailpiece for easy tuning, all hand carved all solid spruce and maple body.
- Back and Sides: Figured solid Maple
- Bow: LaSalle LB-17 Premium Brazilwood Deluxe Student Violin Bow
- Bridge: Aged Maple
- Case: Lightweight, oblong, rigid foam, plush lined w/ matching blanket
- Chinrest: Guarneri-style (over the tailpiece model)
- Fingerboard: Select Ebony
- Finish: Shaded brown-red Varnish
- Neck and finish: Solid Maple
- Nut and Saddle: Ebony
- Peg shape: Swiss
- Purfling: Inlaid wood
- Strings: D’Addario® Prelude® Steel Strings
- Tailpiece: Black lightweight composite, 4-built-in tuners
- Top: Solid spruce
The Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin is the perfect violin for the advanced student, or even a professional violinist, as a backup instrument. It’s nicely crafted and a beautiful looking violin. If you want a violin that will transition you from beginner to intermediate and possibly advanced the Cremona SV-500 Premier Artist Violin should be near the top of your consideration list.